Thursday, February 08, 2007

Why am I here? Oh yeah, this is my job...

I’m a public servant and this week I feel like one. I’ve had no afternoon classes at all this week and each day at least one of my morning classes has been cancelled. I’m wasting away here with boredom. I have nothing to do and I don’t want to start planning lessons for the new semester because I don’t even know who I’ll be teaching with.

Right now I’m listening to Kool Keith watching a Bulls versus Kings NBA game. Thank god for internet TV, and thank god for Kool Keith for that matter. But I’m not thanking god for me giving Bulls versus Kings. I mean, come on, really.

I’ll probably put my head down on my desk soon and take a nap or read a book. I’ll definitely do both today, but I just haven’t decided what I’ll do first.

Right now, there are four other teachers in my “office” at their desks. Two of them are on the phone. Another is online at one of the many Christian sites she regularly reads, and the fourth teacher is staring boringly at her computer.

It’s also getting really cold in here even though the heater is on. Something’s up.

We all gotta stay here until 4:40 although there is nothing to do and no one is doing anything. To me, this makes absolutely no sense at all. I’m not exactly complaining that I have no work to do; I’m just complaining that I have to sit around here all day with nothing to do.

So I’ll just go on a little rant here I suppose. The topic of the day is celebrities.

For those of you who aren’t aware, Anna Nicole Smith passed away today, or yesterday, or some time in the last day or so. Don’t be sad, she made a decent life for herself if you think money leads to true happiness.

I’ve also been hooked on this celebrity gossip site that isn’t really a gossip site. It’s more of a celebrity trashing site where the writer bashes Hollywood’s most wanted. The site is call “The Superficial – Because You’re Ugly.”

It’s really vulgar so if that ain’t up your alley simply don’t click. But if you have a rotten sense of humor, definitely worth checking out.

Here’s a few samples. Parental advisory is recommended…

Mary-Kate Olsen makes out with strangers

20-year-old Mary-Kate Olsen was spotted at Bungalow 8 Tuesday night "weaving around and kept falling off the banquettes she was dancing on." A rep for Mary-Kate insists she's sober and declined comment, but a source adds:

"She made out with three random guys and was wearing a Mardi Gras mask."

She was wearing a Mardi Gras mask? How could anybody fucking tell? And who is looking at this face thinking to themselves, "You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna make out with the clown monster in the corner." Did they lose a dare? Or maybe they were so drunk they thought they were dead and this was Satan coming for their eternal soul.

The next sample is my personal favorite of the day.

OJ Simpson's "hypothetical" confession not accurate enough

OJ Simpson claims that when he was offered the chance to write "If I Did It" he told the publisher he wished it would never come out because it made him look guilty and it didn't accurately reflect how he actually would've done it. He tells the Palm Beach Post:

"I hope this book never comes out. It made it look too much like an admission of guilt. I wasn't happy with the hypothetical paragraphs. A ghostwriter wrote the whole thing, and I OK'd it. But there were a lot of inaccuracies about the case and about how I would have done things. But I figure I'd let it go since I didn't kill anyone."

Was he surprised that the public was so outraged by news of the book? "I don't care," Simpson told the paper. "I got paid just the same."

So basically he didn't like the hypothetical murder book because it wasn't accurate enough. I mean, really? That's the story we're going with, OJ? He should just write "I'm innocent" on a bunch of knives and walk down the street sticking them into strangers.

I can see how some people are upset with America because of the war in Iraq and the wy President Bush is turning American into a Christian based theocracy (check out the film "Jesus Camp"), but I think we should all cut them some slack and say "thank you" for creating some of the most ridiculous rich people in history.

"God Bless America!"

No comments: