Thursday, February 01, 2007

The woman and the tiger and the potion...

Here's a story from the grade four text. I'm supposed to do a role-play with the kids but I don't know if I'll be able to do it without laughing my ass off when the kids pretend to shit themselves.

Below is the role-play straight from the teacher's guide... (I'm the NT).

□ Listen to a story
▷ NT: Now open your book to page 87. Look at the pictures. And listen to the story.


(In the depths of a mountain, a woman is walking with a round basket. She is facing a tiger.)

Woman : (Trembling with fear) Help me! who are you? What do you want?

Tiger : I want a cake.

Woman : OK, OK. This is for you.
(The tiger disappears. The woman begins walking again. At this time a bear appears before her.)

Woman : (Trembling) What do you want?

Bear : I want an apple.

Woman : (With her hands trembling) OK, OK. This is for you.
(The woman begins walking again. At this time a wolf appears before her.)


Woman : (Trembling) What do you want?

Wolf : (Making a horrible smile) I want a candy.

(The woman puts her hand into the basket and covers a candy with a diarrhea potion.)

Woman : (With Her hands trembling) OK, OK. This is for you.
(The woman gets home safely, and the wolf runs here and there because of stomach trouble.)


Man, I gotta get myself some "diarrhea potion." It will probably come in handy sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Diarrhea, did you ever get that email I sent ya about the time this summer when I had a crazy fever and I shit myself in bed? It was sick man, I woke up just as it was happening only it was to late. That is NOT what you want to be dealing with when you have a high fever and are vomitting like crazy.

Cardoulis

Anonymous said...

Yeah man I got that message... I was gonna post it somewhere but I accidently deleted it... I haven't shit in bed for a while, but I think I'm gonna call in sick tomorrow morning to watch the superbowl.., Maybe I'll tell my school that I shit myself in bed...

Richard