Monday, October 29, 2007

Doctor Dave...

I had to go to Corner Brook to see the doctor. Myself, Lana, Sam, and Daniel went down there together.

I walked into the building holding the clinic. It was in an old apartment building and first I walked into the wrong office, but the tenant told me what room I had to visit.

I knocked on the door and Doctor David Mustaine opened up. Paint was peeling off the door.

The dresser was covered with medical equipment and empty beer bottles with no labels. The doctor let out a wry laugh as I walked in.

He checked my sore throat and said I didn't need a prescription but I insisted that I did so he wrote one up.

I asked a few questions about being on tour while being a traveling doctor and he said it was quite manageable. It was a serious conversation.

I walked over to the window and on the street below Jeff Hewitt was getting roughed up by some tall sketchy guy and Jeff ran inside the building.

Dave said he was hungry and I told him and the band could stop by my parent's place in Deer Lake if they were passing through. Maybe they were getting sick of eating on the road and a good home cooked meal would go a long way.

The next thing I knew I was in a car with Greg, Chicken, Boomer, Lana, Cardoulis, and Dave Mustaine. We were in a taxi in St. Johns trying to get to a McDonalds.

The cabby took a wrong turn and Greg freaked out at him but we were soon at a McDonalds anyway. Greg had a different McDonalds in mind.

We say down and ate our McDonalds and it was raining outside.

I woke up craving McDonalds and Megadeth. It turned out to be my lucky day.

Six Nuggets, a Big Mac, and a few hours went by and I was sitting in the hall waiting for Megadeth to take the stage.

Dave and co. soon arrived and it was an awesome concert. They played a lot of old songs, but not enough for my liking. I definitely could have used more songs from "Killing is my Business... And Business is Good..." They played just one tune. Not enough.

Dave Mustaine actually seemed happy and like he was having fun. I expected someone much more bitter cynical.

The best part of the show was his in between banter. He said that the Seoul set would be longer than their usual set because the promoter was great. I don't really understand the politics of that but I was glad to hear it.

As the show progressed the sound go better and I didn't get bored with the 35+ guitar solos. Just deadly b'y.

They ended the set with "Holy Wars" as I figured they would. That's a fucking metal masterpiece right there.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm getting stoked for the Usher show that's coming up.

STOKED!!!!!!!!

No comments: