Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I love you too baby...

I consider myself to be a competent computer user. I keep my baby protected and firewalled, and even give her a good defragging and spy-ware removal on a regular basis. Yet, she always ends up getting upset at me a couple times a year and brings me a lot of grief during this period.

Yesterday was one of those days. I was messing around with some images in Photoshop and she slapped me with an error message. She slapped me hard, not one of those taps on the cheek but a smack that you could her far in the distance if you happened to be watching from there.

She shut down Photoshop and corrupted some .cab file who I swear I've never had anything to with. She should trust me after all these years but she really has a problem with jealousy I suppose. Then this .cab file started some shit with MSN Messenger, and from there all hell broke loose. Explorer bailed on me and everything I opened she slammed back in my face with a lovely I'm "Not Responding" message. She left me with nothing so I tried to leave and let her chill out but my attempt to restart was futile.

I knew my baby needed to cool down so I put her in the fridge for 30 minutes but when she came out she was still pissed at me. It was at this point that I put my foot down, disconnected her from the internet, and uninstalled all of the programs that she wanted to mess around with.

I felt a little guilty because I really do wanna trust her so I plugged her back in to the internet but I gave her the silent treatment while I went searching for the answer to my problem. I got a few tips and ran a .cab repair program but it failed on me. Then someone who I am not going to mention gave me a big tip about trying the Beta version of MSN and this worked, kinda. Then I gave my friend Norton a shot but he was useless as usual. He should have prevented this from thsi beginning because that's what good friends do. I really don't know why I call him my friend, or why he gets paid so much.

Scandisk had a shot at my problem but I wasn't around when he shared his results but I think he did some good, which is unusual. I even gave in the Microsoft Update and for once he caused me no harm and his help was appreciated.

At the moment, she seems to be back to her usual self and I hope she stays this way, but I really have my doubts.

She's so unpredictable. Kinda like Windows that just open and shut at will with no regard to whether or not your arm is reaching out of them.

And I don't know why she insists on attaching a guillotine blade to the bottom.

No comments: