Saturday, September 02, 2006

Where's Steven Bickford when you really need him?

I went to high school with Steven Bickford. He was handicapped and had a passion for washers and dryers. I sure could have used his help last night.

I spent 4 hours trying to wash one load of laundry. The controls are all in Korean and even though I got my co-teacher to explain them as best she could, something was last in the translation.

The clothes would wash, the water would drain, and then nothing. No spin cycle to or rinse. And the door wouldn't open when I tried to take out my clothes. After trying every possible combination, the damn thing finally rinsed and spun and allowed me to open the door.

I don't have a dryer so I assembled my clothes rack and went to bed.

Now I'm gonna go jump on the subway and check out this city.

I hope I return.

Wish me luck.

No comments: